Dalat Golf Club boasts a colourful history that can be seen and felt throughout each of its 18 inventive holes.
On the first city plan made by Architect Mr. E. Hébrard in 1923, a Golf Course was already featured, together with the sport arena opposite the man-made lake.
It was finally decided to build the course in early 1930’s, when Emperor Bao Dai returned from a trip to France, where he discovered the sport in Normandy and in Paris chic suburb of Senlis-Chantilly.
He then decided to build his own course in Dalat, as it was marked on the City plan. The course had 6 holes at the time and a small Club house, the one you can still enjoy today. The course was then abandoned in 1945 after the Emperor left to Hong Kong.
In 1954, Doctor Hach, a physician from Hanoi, settled in Dalat and revived the Dalat Golf Club together with Ferdinand d’Or, the Lang Bian Palace Hotel Director. They collected some sponsors to rebuild the course, one sponsor per hole. Having found 8 sponsors, the course had 8 holes and the hole #8 was played twice from a different tee-box. The club house was extended in the mid 60’s when the course started to become more popular, with famous golfers like Billy Casper coming to cheer the American troops. The Golf Club was closed again in 1975.
In the early 90’s, the American Millionaire Larry Hillblom, a co-founder of DHL revived the Golf Club which finally became an 18 holes championship Golf Course, known today as the Dalat Golf Club.
In 1994, a multi-million dollar restoration project was set upon. Since that time the course has gone from strength to strength cementing its place officially as Vietnam’s leading course, but also as one of the leading courses in the whole of Asia.
The Championship 18 hole, 7,009 yard, par 72, bent- grass green, fairways and tees are enhanced by a full bent-grass practice facility with driving range and putting green. The course has been expertly crafted into Dalat’s mountainous setting through stately pine trees creating a naturally challenging golfing environment.